- Life-saving science already exists, but is stuck in the “translational gap,” also known as the “Valley of Death.” Most discoveries are held up and lost due to the current broken system.
- Lysosomal Storage Disorders are extremely rare and very complicated to treat, resulting in little attention from an industry typically looking to develop the next “blockbuster drug.” Therefore, minimal funding is designated for these disorders resulting in very few treatment options.
- Currently it takes 12-15 years and more than $1 billion to develop a single treatment. Nine out of 10 potential treatments never make it to a patient due to an extremely outdated and inefficient process
- Lack of communication and sharing of important data often results in duplicated experiments, ultimately increasing the cost and amount of time it takes to develop new treatments.
- We seek to use scientific discoveries that already exist for Lysosom
al Storage Disorders and work diligently to translate them into treatments for the children that need them most
- We serve as the hub for every project and manage the entire translational process to ensure the most efficient
and cost-effective development of potential life-saving treatments for children.
- By collaborating and partnering with all relevant sectors including, but not limited to, academia and industry, we can drastically reduce the amount of time and cost to develop a treatment.
- Important information and data is shared with all qualified collaborators and partners across the Wylder Nation collaborative platform.
Fighting the Fight
Wylder Nation Foundation is a community of Warriors – of parents and loved ones, doctors, scientists, biotech companies and other fighters – dedicated to breaking through barriers, literal and figurative, and giving these children with Lysosmal Storage Disorders a chance at life. It is difficult to fight when there is nothing to fight with, but there is so much promise waiting to be unlocked. The Wylder Nation Foundation is determined to do what it takes to connect the people and resources that hold the key to treatment options. We are Warriors, and we invite you to live like a Warrior, too. Love unconditionally. Stand strong. Fight the fight. Together, we will succeed.